Company HeadquartersA. Schulman, Inc.
3550 W. Market St.
Akron, Ohio 44333
Investor & Media ContactJennifer K. Beeman
Director of Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
A. Schulman, Inc.
Human Resources ContactKim L. Whiteman
Vice President, Global Human Resources
A. Schulman, Inc.
Certain statements in this release may constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Federal securities laws. These statements can be identified by the fact that they do not relate strictly to historic or current facts. They use such words as "anticipate," "estimate," "expect," "project," "intend," "plan," "believe," and other words and terms of similar meaning in connection with any discussion of future operating or financial performance. These forward-looking statements are based on currently available information, but are subject to a variety of uncertainties, unknown risks and other factors concerning the Company's operations and business environment, which are difficult to predict and are beyond the control of the Company. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those suggested by these forward-looking statements, and that could adversely affect the Company's future financial performance, include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Worldwide and regional economic, business and political conditions, including continuing economic uncertainties in some or all of the Company's major product markets;
- Fluctuations in the value of currencies in major areas where the Company operates, including the U.S. dollar, Euro, U.K. pound sterling, Canadian dollar, Mexican peso, Chinese yuan and Indonesian rupiah;
- Fluctuations in the prices of sources of energy or plastic resins and other raw materials;
- Changes in customer demand and requirements;
- Escalation in the cost of providing employee health care;
- The outcome of any legal claims known or unknown;
- The performance of the global auto market;
- The global financial market turbulence; and
- The global or regional economic slowdown or recession.
Additional risk factors that could affect the Company's performance are set forth in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K. In addition, risks and uncertainties not presently known to the Company or that it believes to be immaterial also may adversely affect the Company. Should any known or unknown risks or uncertainties develop into actual events, or underlying assumptions prove inaccurate, these developments could have material adverse effects on the Company's business, financial condition and results of operations.